For years I’ve dealt with extreme tiredness. I still deal with it from time to time but things are so much better. Healing is a process. I sat down and really started to think through when it all started and figured out that it all stemmed from my junior year of college when I came down with the Flu, Bronchitis, and Mono all at the same time. That was ten years ago! It turns out that whenever my immune system gets low, the Mono (Epstein Bar Virus) reactivates. Through prayer and God’s leading me to various health discussions, books, podcasts, etc. I’ve figured out ways to help my body and now can’t begin to tell you how much better I feel! Here are some of the top general things I’ve learned:
- God’s original design. The closer you can get back to God’s original design, the better off you will be. Things like spending more time outdoors, eating foods that have not been processed to infinity and making rest and sleep a priority are all simple things that can improve the quality of our health and lives.
- Exercise is essential. To feel good, I have to exercise CONSISTENTLY. For me this means walk/running for thirty to forty minutes 3-4 times per week. I follow a method for determining how hard to push myself (overdoing it defeats the purpose) and may do a separate post on just how I do that in the future.
- Sleep position. Until the last year, I’ve always been a belly sleeper. I started having neck pain and figured out that my sleep position was probably the cause. After changing to sleeping on my side and back, my neck pain went away and all of the sudden I had more energy as an added bonus. I seriously think I wasn’t getting enough oxygen.
- Micro-nutrients are important. When you spend most of your time indoors and eat a high processed food diet, you miss out on Vitamin D from the sun and other micro-nutrients that your body desperately needs to work properly. Getting my Vitamin D level up and trying to eat more nutrient rich foods has been a game changer.
- Fasting. We were not created to eat constantly. Our bodies need a break every now and then to heal and restore. There are way too many benefits of fasting, both physically and spiritually, to discuss here but I think its safe to say it is essential for good health.
These are just some of the things l’ve learned that have dramatically improved my health and quality of life. I’m sharing in hopes that it can help someone else struggling with low energy as well. Make sure to leave any comments or questions you may have! I’d love to dig deeper into any one of these topics that you may be interested in!